What is Literature Evangelism?
Literature evangelism is done by visiting people in diverse communities and sharing Christ-focused books. These books will nurture and challenge them physically, mentally, and spiritually. Youth Rush is a spiritual experience, praying between every door. Meeting people at doors gives students incredible opportunities to touch lives.
What is a normal day like?
Youth Rush works Sunday-Thursday for ten weeks during the summer. After brunch, worship, and training, students hit the streets, offering people books and free community services, including Bible studies. Teams go out together, each with their own highly-trained leader. On our days off we relax, do laundry, and have fun. Sabbaths are for resting with God and sharing our experiences with people.
Who can join?
You can join if you:
1) Love Jesus
2) Are 16 years of age or older
3) Work hard
Why spend the summer with Youth RUSH?
1. There are many reasons. But in short, it is an extreme, spiritual boot camp. You and your team will be on the front lines. You can look forward to challenging moments, personal and spiritual victories, divine appointments, and great, new friendships.
2. You will earn a great scholarship, making school easier to pay for. The average student earns around $3,000 for the summer. Most SDA colleges match this by a certain percentage.
3. Housing, transportation, and brunch are provided free of charge in magabook programs.
4. Two-way portable radios promote good organization and safety.
5. Daily group activities provide spiritual fellowship and bonding with other students.
6. A summer-end, multi-day spiritual event gives you time with friends to share and worship with other student literature evangelists from all over.
7. Bible workers and church members follow up evangelistic interests so that spiritual seekers can find what they are looking for.